My creative work aims to explore the physical, emotional, and psychological connections people have with the natural world. I’ve had poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and photography published in over a dozen journals, plus anthologies from Shabda Press and University of Hell Press. “Hollowed Onions” was nominated for the 2016 Write Well Award (Silver Pen Writers), with the story available in The Gateway Review.
Currently, I serve as a prose reader for Slippery Elm Literary Journal and loved working as a former editor. I completed a master’s degree in rhetoric and writing in 2019. I’ve spent most of my life in Ohio but currently reside in surreal Queensland, Australia.
And now the fun quirks:
– I’ve always loved birds and hope to be an ornithologist in my next life.
– I’m a long-time Studio Ghibli fan (Princess Mononoke is my favorite).
– ASMR videos are my go-to for relaxation and writing (would love to start an ASMR YouTube Channel one day).
– I rock scrambled to a mountain summit for the first time; I’m a horrible hiker but still do it (and scream at the large bugs/spiders/demons).
– Horizon Zero Dawn is my dream open-world video game.
– The photo on the home page is from an archaeological dig on the Orkney Islands (no, I was not part of the dig). It’s a door handle, although some days I think it resembles the Final Fantasy VII logo. Which leads to …
– Square-Enix makes some of my favorite video game titles. But if you ask which Final Fantasy is my favorite, it changes every day.